Instructions to Principal Nominators of Individual Awards
Note: This is not a complete list of policies and procedures governing the ADSA® Awards, but highlights information that each principal nominator should be aware of. For a complete list of policies and procedures, please refer to the document entitled “Policies and Procedures Governing the Administration of Awards in the American Dairy Science Association®.”
- Read carefully the information on the sheet describing requirements for eligibility. Be sure that your nominee is eligible for the award you are nominating him or her for.
- To qualify for nomination of donated awards (except for Richard M. Hoyt Award and the International Dairy Production Award), individuals must be:
- A citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- A member of ADSA for not less than five (5) successive years preceding the nomination.
- For research awards, publications for the period encompassed by a previous award cannot be used as supporting material for another research award.
- Be sure to note employment restrictions for certain awards.
- Letters in support of the nominee are not to be submitted for any of the research awards.
- When letters in support of the nominee are required, do not submit more than three.
- Do not include reprints of papers published in the Journal of Dairy Science® in the supporting material. You may include reprints of papers published elsewhere.
- If you are re-nominating an individual for an award, please be sure to update the nomination:
- Adds to the publication list any papers submitted during the current year and remove paper that may no longer be eligible for consideration, i.e., more than five (or ten years for the AFIA and J.L. Lush Awards) years old.
- Update biographical information as necessary.
- Be sure that the supporting materials are uploaded by the deadline. This will ensure complete consideration of your nominee by the committee.
- If you have questions, please thoroughly read the document entitled “Policies and Procedures Governing the Administration of Awards in the American Dairy Science Association .”
- If you have questions not answered by this document, contact Morgan via phone at 217.356.3182 ext. 156 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Submit Your Nomaination Here!